After the fulfilment of the strict admission requirements, Military Academy has become part of the prestigious network of the European Security and Defence College (ESDC). After the received invitation, the Military Academy presented its facilities and opportunities for cooperation to the Executive Academic Board of ECSD on February 19, 2020. The Board of Directors of ESDC, at its meeting on April 27, 2020, decided to accept the application of the Military Academy for inclusion in the ESDC network.
The European Security and Defence College (ESDC) is an EU body embedded in the External Action Service (EEAS) of the European Union (EU) that provides training and education at EU level in the field of the Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP), which is part of the EU’s Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP).
The ESDC was created as a networking college and therefore relies on authorized national entities. The College is currently composed of more than 100 national training and education institutions with different areas of expertise and basics.
Objectives of the European Security and Defence College are:
- to further enhance the common European security and defence culture within the Union and to promote the principles laid down in Article 21(1) TEU outside the Union;
- to promote a better understanding of CSDP as an essential part of CFSP;
- to provide Union instances with knowledgeable personnel able to work efficiently on all CSDP and CFSP matters;
- to provide Member States’ administrations and staff with knowledgeable personnel familiar with Union policies, institutions and procedures in the field of CSDP and CFSP;
- to provide CSDP Missions’ and Operations’ personnel with a common understanding of CSDP Missions’ and Operations’ functioning principles and a sense of common European identity;
- to provide training and education responding to training and educational needs of CSDP Missions and Operations;
- to support Union partnerships in the field of CSDP and CFSP in particular partnerships with those countries participating in CSDP missions;
- to support civilian crisis management including in the field of conflict prevention, and establishing or preserving the conditions necessary for sustainable development;
- to promote the European Initiative for the Exchange of Young Officers;